Shop No: 3, 276 Pitt Street,
Sydney NSW 2000.
Phone 1: 02 8188 2299
5 Years WarrantyPricing Plans
© Aryshealth 2022, All Rights Reserved.
Smoking damages your body. Quitting smoking is one of the most important things you can do to restore your health. Talk to us about how to quit smoking. We can come up with and administer a plan to help you manage the process and monitor your progress.
One more thing: smoking increases your risk of developing autoimmune diseases. Autoimmune diseases can come in many forms and can be chronic in nature. They also manifest in the form of inflammation, pain, and tissue damage throughout the body. The severity of these symptoms vary from one person to the next, ranging from mildly uncomfortable to almost debilitating. So, autoimmune diseases are something that you best avoid if you can: quitting smoking reduces your chance of developing autoimmune diseases.
Bulk Billing Medical Centre
Smoking is bad for you. Smoking harms your body. A lot of the damage are not immediately visible to the naked eye, but rest assured, they are happening slowly and steadily inside your body. A lot of clinical studies have shown that:
- Smoking causes lung cancer, emphysema and heart disease.
- Smoking increases your risk of blindness (macular degeneration), increases your risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis and increases the rate of decline in your mental function, that is, in your elderly years, you are more likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
- Smoking is linked to heartburn (acid reflux) and has been shown to cause snoring even for nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke.
- Smoking increases risk of impotence for males and increases risk of breast cancer in females. If you’re pregnant and smoking, you need to know that your smoking increases the rate of SIDS (sudden death infant syndrome), the rate of your baby’s colic.
- Smoking is linked to certain cancers, can increase the risk of depression and anxiety and is linked to certain thyroid diseases.
Bulk Billing Doctors
TL, DR (Too Long, Didn’t Read): Smoking is bad for you. Please consider quitting. Quitting will improve your life tremendously. You probably don’t realise bad the damage is being done to your body, but look at the smokers who develop chronic health issues and see how their quality of lives decline very quickly. You don’t want to be in that position. It is unpleasant. There’s nothing good about being ill.
Bulk Billing GP
So, if you want to quit, come and see our doctors (yes, we are bulk billing GP). We can design a personalised plan for you to quit smoking, as well as strategies and skills for quitting. As we said before, we are a bulk billing medical centre; we are bulk billing doctors. This means consultation fees are covered by Medicare (or private health insurance holders) for eligible patients. So, no out of pocket costs for those who are eligible. If you’re not eligible, you can still come and see us, you just need to pay a private fee.
We are a Sydney CBD medical centre, conveniently located at 280 Pitt St Sydney 2000, less than 10-minute stroll from Town Hall station.
Our doctors liaise closely with other health specialists and allied health (including psychologist, physiotherapist, dietician/nutritionist and podiatrist) work together towards a holistic approach in coming up with a plan for you to quit smoking, including coping with cravings and avoiding weight gain from our Pitt Street medical centre. You can access these services from a single location.